Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Is It True?

I'm super excited with my current mapping and am sharing my mapping pictures with everyone that will stop long enough to look at them.
I shared my pictures with a provider friend of mine and he could 'see' my excitement and told me not all people want to be well.
Reeeeeeallllly?
How can that be?  Wouldn't everyone want to be well?
He went on to tell me that some people like the attention illness brings them.
Some have family members that can't handle when they get better so the person with the illness stops treatment to keep things as they were.
Some people enjoy the 'I'm sicker than you are game'.
I find this rather disappointing and disturbing :(
He went on to tell me to be outspoken of my choices and improvement and try not to take the naysayers to heart.
I hope he is wrong and people will be receptive with what I have to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment