Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Happy Birthday to me

Another day older :)
Learned something new today and it makes me wonder.....
Apparently, if you have breast implants you are to have MRI's ever 3 years to check for leaks.
And implants have a 'shelf life' of 5 to 10 years then need to be replaced.
I was born with Poland's syndrome.
When I was in the 8th grade I had my first implant placed.  I wish someone had had the information to tell the parents of the 13 yr old that she would be on a journey of surgeries for the rest of her life.  I have had 5 so far.

I wonder how many fibromyalgia patients have implants? And how many of them have had them break or leak and now have pain.  Wonder if some of the pain is caused by the silicone in the implants?
Cause for some thought......

No comments:

Post a Comment