Thursday, June 16, 2011

ER visit

Yesterday had a 4 hour ER visit.  Chest pain all morning that I couldn't get rid of.
EKG, chest x-ray and 3 stabbing trys for lab work.
No heart attack thankfully but very disappointed in the visit.
No one asked me what meds I was on, just wanted to know what meds I was allergic to.
No one asked about family history. My dad has had 2 heart attacks, 7 stints.  An aunt has stints.
I kept trying to tell them but they kept cutting me off, 'how do you spell that med...Indocin'.
The doctor came in and decided it was acid reflux...never asked me what I ate.  Salad and a banana, did he want to know? No.
Did he ask family history, whats going on in my world, what meds are you on?
Just decided it was acid.
So I was sent home with the same pain in my chest that I walked in with. A diagnosis of 'chest pain, cause unknown' and a script for Nexium, which I did not ask for.
Thankfully the pain is gone, I didn't have a heart attack, not the best way to spend $150.00 and yet again another disappointing but yet confirming my disillusionment with our medical system.

No comments:

Post a Comment