Wednesday, August 24, 2011

August 24, 2011

It has been one year since I was formally diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.  With my first two months on 4 different medications and a final decision by myself to take my health into my own hands and seek non-traditional treatment.
I am glad I did as now I am able to control my pain levels.  I have learned which foods cause me pain and if I really want a certain food I can have it....at a price....pain.
I have also learned that because I have control of my pain by eating the correct foods I can have an occasional cheat...like two bites of a rich ooey gooey brownie...and not have pain.  Or knowing that any kind of potatoes cause me pain so if I avoid them I have no pain.
I have also learned that chemicals, certain types of chemicals, cause buzzing, tingling, sharp cold stabbing pain within my body in random areas.  If I avoid those products I won't have those sensations.  There are many other products that can be found to replace the product that does cause pain.

Learning to drink only water and like it was a huge advancement for me so much so that now that when I decide to 'cheat' and have a lemonade, it does not taste good.

I have learned that there are different types of supplements.  Different grades of supplements.  Like everything, there are good, better, excellent and just plain bad supplements.  Who know there were 'fillers' in vitamins?  Or trying to save money on our supplements really was not giving us our monies worth.  There truly is something in 'you get what you pay for' when it comes to supplements and vitamins.

All that being said, I have gained so much back to my life.
I've lost a few pounds, found energy, saved some money on products I really don't need and the best part is I'm able to get back to my favorite hobby. Quilting.

I will continue to share my journey in hopes that others will give the protocol a try to have the same wonderful effect.

Smiles

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment